Introducing our new Competition Series 4" Downpipes for your N26 four cylinder turbo engine! Fits all 2012+ 328i, 320i, 428i, 228i with the N26 engine (does not fit N20 engine). We've made a simple guide to help you tell which engine you have in your car. Click Here: How to tell if you have an N20 or N26 Engine.
CAUTION: This product is intended for OFF ROAD COMPETITION USE ONLY. Not legal for use on pollution controlled vehicles upon public road/highways. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR SALE FOR ALL 49 STATES EXCLUDING CALIFORNIA. In addition to vehicle use verification, a Vehicle Compliance Waiver needs to be signed.
THIS ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE, INSTALLATION, OR USE ON LICENSED VEHILES IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
The item is for sale for international customers without restriction.
- Now available for the 2012+ BMW 328i/320i/428i/228i N26 Engines!
- Horsepower gains of 14 to 16whp average (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
- Higher Max Horsepower Power Curve
- Torque gains of 16wtq average (stock boost) up to over 24 wtq (Software upgrade) (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
- Higher Intial Torque Curve. Torque curve hits faster and higher and longer.
- Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
- Mandrel Bent 4" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
- 100% Stainless Steel Construction
- 100% TIG welded for better quality welds
- Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
- Precision CNC machined ball joint flange with straight flow interior (versus factory press formed ball joint)
- Stainless steel flex section like factory that allows proper exhaust movement and flexibility.
- Mirror polish or brush finish
- Available with high temperature black thermal coating to reduce underhood temperatures.
- Optional - Additional O2 sensor bung for wideband O2 sensors (comes with pre-installed plug)
- Optional EGT sensor bung for EGT gauges (comes with pre-installed plug)
- Retains the factory "ball" type v-band connector.
- Improved design of "ball" connector for better flow characteristics over factory connector.
- Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
- Track tested durability.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory downpipe is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory downpipe/catalytic converter with our Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe, more power is unleashed! Our dyno testing has shown around 14-16whp average peak gains and upwards of 24wtq peak gains! While peak horsepower is nice to look at on dyno charts, what's more important is the power curve. If you look at the dyno charts, torque hits MUCH earlier and harder. The torque curve is BROADER throughout the RPM band. More usable power. You have more time spent in the RPM band with higher horsepower and torque. This equates to faster turbo spool up (less turbocharger lag) and better throttle response. Bottom line, faster. You will feel the difference instantly.